The Buying Process
A clear understanding of what you can expect during the Home Buying process can help minimize stress and lessen the possibility of surprises along the way. Below is a sequential list of what can be expected when purchasing your new home or investment property.
1. MORTGAGE PRE-APPROVAL:
Determining the type of mortgage you’re eligible for is the first step in purchasing a home to ensure that we are looking at properties in line with your financial goals.
- Mortgage Brokers are independent and able to access various lenders and conventional banks to arrange for a mortgage that best suits your needs. These services are of no charge to you, as mortgage brokers are paid directly by the lenders.
- Alternatively, you can pursue financing with your bankAfter discussing your desired criteria for your new home, I will research available properties that fit your needs, and set up viewings suited to your schedule. There are many avenues I will pursue in searching for your dream home, including:
2. HOUSE HUNTING:
- All properties listed by other brokers through the Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
- Properties not on the open market yet
- Open Houses
- Properties offered “For Sale by Owner”
Presale or new construction projects and developments (if applicable and of interest) – Note: Never buy directly from a developer at a Presentation Centre, always have trusted REALTOR ® representation.